The unthankful heart, like my finger in the sand, discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day, and as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings.~ Henry Ward Beecher
Welcome autumn! This is the time of year when we give thanks. It is the time when we look around our lives and feel grateful for all that we have. Our families, friends, and all of the love in our lives. We are grateful for the work that we do. We look to see the silver lining in all of our difficult situations, and feel grateful for the opportunity to learn so much from them. Did you notice how abundant you felt when you were standing in place of all of that gratitude?
Why? Because as we focus on all that we are grateful for, we begin to feel more abundant, and when we begin to feel more abundant, we then begin to attract a flow of abundance in our lives. What you focus on grows. Like attracts like. That is why you will not increase the abundance in your life by focusing on all that you do not have.
There is a blessing for us in the loving expression of gratitude. As we focus on what we have, we create more of it. As we focus on our joy, we create more of that. As we focus on love, we indeed create more of that, and love is core and central to all manifestation in our lives. When you create from a place of love and intention, your life becomes more joyous and rich than you could have ever expected.
We are all energetic beings – and the energetic vibration of gratitude is one of the highest and purest vibrations available to us. Love and gratitude go hand in hand. Sending out this kind of pure positive energy into your life will bring more of that back to you – it is universal law, it is the Law of Attraction. Gratitude can start a positive momentum in your life that changes your life forever. When you begin having an “attitude of gratitude” in your life, you jumpstart the process of manifesting all of your desires.
The question is, “shouldn’t we practice gratitude all of the time?” The answer is yes! Especially if you would like to create more joy, peace, and prosperity in your life.
Integrating Gratitude Into Your Daily Life
- Look for what you want to see versus what you do not want to see. Too often, we go about our day waiting and expecting awful things to happen, or we expect to be disappointed. We walk around saying, “I don’t like this, and this, and this….” and look for things that need changing. You would find that your world may conform to more of your liking if you focused on what you did indeed want to see. “I like this, I like that….oh and I really love that!” What a shift in vibration, do you see?
- Appreciate and be grateful for something about you. Be grateful that you have a beautiful smile and a heart of gold. Be grateful that you are a savvy business person, or that you are inventive or intuitive. Be grateful that you are a wonderful parent. Be grateful that you are not perfect. (Or rather, you are constantly learning and growing.)
- Look around your world and start appreciating that. If you find it hard to find something to be grateful about yourself, this is a good way to start. Look for beauty in your life. The snow, the leaves, the sun. Focus on the penny that you do have rather than the one that you do not.
- Keep track of all the good things that happen to you in your calendar or daily journal… even the little things. This affirms that good things do come your way, and you can begin to trust in the Universe as the source of your supply. Appreciate the synchronicities that occur in your life; they were given to you as a gift to affirm that you are indeed on the right path.
- Want to see some fast results? For the next 30 days – set aside time to write for 10 minutes all of the positive things you can about your life, your relationships, your body, your work, your home, etc. You will not be the same person at the end of those 30 days!
- Open your mouth and let the gratitude flow from your heart. You will find amazing things begin to happen to you and those around you. Can you imagine what might occur? Play with this and adore someone today.